TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Trinidad and Tobago’s pair of Domonique Williams and Jereem Richards have signed with Alabama head track & field programe.
Alabama’s coach Dan Waters announced the signing of 23 athletes, 14 women and nine men, during the early signing period for the 2016-17 academic year.
Both Williams and Richards are graduates of South Plains College in Texas.
- Has personal bests of 23.92 in the 200 meters, 52.95 in the 400 meters and 2:10.78 in the 800 meters
- Ran the anchor leg of the South Plains 4×400 relay team that won the race at the 2014 NJCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships
- Also placed second in the 400 meters at the 2014 national meet
- Won national titles at the 2015 NJCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships in the 400 meters, 4×400 relay and distance medley relay
- Placed second in the 400 meters (53.71) at the 2015 NJCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships
- Has personal bests of 20.58 in the 200 meters and 45.91 in the 400 meters
- Won the 2015 Outdoor National Junior College Championships 400-meter race with a time of 46.23
- Claimed the 2015 NJCCA Indoor Championships 400-meter race in a time of 46.70
- Ran a personal best 400-meter time of 45.91 to win the 2015 Texas Tech Red Raider Open
- Competed on the Trinidad and Tobago 4×400-meter relay team that won bronze at the 2012 IAAF World Indoor Championships
Ran on the Trinidad and Tobago 4×400-meter relay team at the 2011 Pan American Junior Championships, aiding in a second-place finish