In total, 12 World and 12 Olympic winners will be competing, generating significant interest from the Swiss audience. After a two-year stint as the Diamond League final, Weltklasse returns to its classic format.
Zurich Diamond League Event-by-event short previews:
- 100m: Sha’Carri Richardson is set to compete against Elaine Thompson-Herah. How fast can they go?
- 200m: Shericka Jackson emerges as the clear favorite after the late withdrawal of Gabby Thomas. Letzigrund boasts an impressive curve.
- 400m (non-DL): Miller-Uibo makes her comeback after childbirth, competing against a strong European field.
- 800m: Raevyn Rogers, aiming to qualify for the final, faces off against Laura Muir and Natoya Goule-Toppin. Akins is also in top form.
- 3000m steeple: The lineup includes all Budapest medalists, with World champion Winfred Yavi leading the pack.
- 100m hurdles: The top four from Budapest are competing, with World champion Danielle Williams aiming to qualify for the final. Camacho-Quinn seeks redemption.
- Triple jump: A stellar field including the top ten from Budapest, spearheaded by Yulimar Rojas, who aims to surpass her Budapest winning mark.
- 4x100m: Home team Switzerland competes against the Netherlands.
- 200m: Triple World champion Noah Lyles faces off against Budapest finalists, though Letsile Tebogo is absent.
- 400m (non-DL): Norwegian record holder Ingvaldsen aims for another impressive time.
- 1500m: Josh Kerr competes against Narve Gilje Nordas, with Mohamed Katir also in the mix.
- 5000m: Luis Grijalva leads the pack, which includes strong Ethiopians and steeple WR holder Girma, along with Barega and Kejelcha.
- 110m Hurdles (non-DL): Swiss record holder Joseph competes against French prodigy Zhoya.
- 400m hurdles: The top five from Budapest are participating, but Rai Benjamin is absent. Warholm aims for another record time.
- High jump: World champion Gianmarco Tamberi faces off against Mutaz Essa Barshim.
- Pole vault: All Budapest medalists are competing, with Duplantis aiming to surpass his WL of 6.12m.
- Long jump: Miltiadis Tentoglou competes against local favorite Simon Ehammer, with Jamaicans McLeod and Gayle challenging from behind.
- Javelin: Vadlejch seeks redemption against Neeraj Chopra, as does Julian Weber. Will double World champion Peters make a comeback?