BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama Track & field’s junior Tamara Clark and sophomore Bobby Colantonio Jr. earned Southeastern Conference of the Week honours, the league office announced Tuesday (11 Feb) afternoon.
Clark earned Women’s Runner of the Week while Colantonio Jr. was named the Men’s Field Athlete of the Week following the New Mexico Collegiate Classic.
Women’s Runner of the Week
- Clark broke her own personal indoor record with an NCAA-leading time of 22.88 for a victory in the women’s 200m last weekend in Albuquerque, N.M.
- Her time is second in Alabama history.
- The junior sprinter also won the women’s 60-meter dash finals with a time of 7.23.
Men’s Field Athlete of the Week
Bobby Colantonio Jr.
- Colantonio Jr., the school-record holder in the men’s weight throw, picked up his third win of the season with a toss of 76-06.50 (23.33m) at the New Mexico Collegiate Classic.
- The sophomore posted the top-three marks of the week among all collegiate indoor track & field throwers.
- He stands second nationally in the men’s weight throw this season.
The Crimson Tide will split its squads for the first time this indoor season, with a contingent heading out west to the Texas Tech Shootout, another group set to compete at the Vanderbilt Music City Invite, while a third group heads north to the Iowa State Classic, all running from Feb. 14-15.
We want to hear from you! Join our lively discussion by leaving a comment below. You can also email us at [email protected]. Also, please remember to follow us on social media – subscribe to our social media pages –
Trackalertstv Trackalerts Trackalerts Trackalerts