Christian Coleman, the reigning world champion at 100 meters, will race over his specialty distance at the USATF New York Grand Prix on Sunday, June 12, organizers announced today, June 2.
- Thompson-Herah should rip through Rabat DL field
- Yohan Blake, Andre de Grasse in 100m showdown
- Rejected: Jamaica’s U20 4×1 record not legal
A new gold-level stop on World Athletics’ Continental Tour Gold, the USATF New York Grand Prix will take place at Icahn Stadium on Randalls Island in New York City on Sunday, June 12. Tickets for the event on are now on sale at https://www.usatf.org/tickets.
Coleman, the world record-holder at 60 meters, won the silver medal over 60 meters at the World Athletics Indoor Championships earlier this year and is coming off a third-place finish over 100 meters at the Nike Prefontaine Classic in Eugene, Oregon. In the 100 meters in New York, Coleman will face-off against the previously announced Erriyon Knighton, the fastest man in the world this year over 200m. Reigning world 200m champion Noah Lyles, also previously announced for the men’s 100 meters, has moved to the men’s 200 meters.
Additional new athlete announcements include for New York Grand Prix:
• Two-time Olympic finalist Devon Allen will face previously announced reigning world champion Grant Holloway in the 110m hurdles.
• Brooklyn-born Michael Cherry, the fourth-place finisher in last year’s Olympic Games and winner of the 2021 Diamond League, will race in the 400m in New York.
• 2022 World Indoor Champion Ajee’ Wilson will headline with the women’s 800m.
• In the men’s 800m, 2016 Olympic bronze medalist Clayton Murphy will face 2022 World Indoor Championships bronze medalist Bryce Hoppel.
The 2022 New York Grand Prix will be shown live on NBC from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT on Sunday, June 12 and is a member of the World Athletics Continental Tour Gold.
Please help us get to 50,000 subscribers on YouTube by visiting TrackalertsTV at this link to subscribe, like and share our stories … Also follow us and like our social media pages – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @trackalerts. Please send us a message on WhatsApp at 631-609-9166 or email us at [email protected].