The 201st International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Council is meeting at this moment via teleconference to decision on Russia’s fate.
According to a release from the IAAF, the 201st Council Meeting will be held on Friday 13 November. The meeting will be chaired from London by IAAF President Sebastian Coe and will take place via a teleconference.
“Main agenda item – Decision to provisionally suspend the All-Russia Athletic Federation (ARAF) as an IAAF Member,” the IAAF release said.
Earlier this week, A report by the World Anti-Doping Agency Independent Commission has recommended that Russia be suspended from all international athletics competitions, five competitors and five coaches banned for life and its testing laboratory should be stripped of accreditation, following a number of doping and corruption allegations exposed by German channel ARD.
Below is the agenda of IAAF's meeting:
- Roll Call followed by President's Introduction
- Council Member Mikhail Butov (RUS) presents ARAF position. He will be excluded from the remainder of debate and voting
- Individual Council Member interventions
- President's response and close of debate
- Vote (one member one vote; simple majority; President has casting vote in case of a tied vote)
- Notification of decision to ARAF and to Council Members
The IAAF will issue an official statement via press release at the conclusion of the meeting which will also be published on the IAAF website.